COFI is committed to providing members with an exceptional level of service in the following areas:
- Quality Control – Including Grader Training and Certification.
- Government, Public and Community Relations – Provincial and Regional
- Market Access and Development on a Global Scale
- Issues Management Support, Advice and Advocacy Related to:
- Forest Policy
- Aboriginal Affairs
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Emerging Issues of Concern
- Economics/Timber Pricing
- Climate Change/Carbon Tax
- Markets & Trade
- Legislation and Regulation
- Regional Forest Education Programs
COFI engages in several strategic partnerships where both entities can achieve leverage.
COFI is the largest member of the Canadian Wood Council (CWC). The Council dates back to 1959 with the purpose of promoting the use of lumber and other wood products in buildings and of representing the industry on building code and standards committees. Today the CWC is the hub for industry input into residential and non-residential codes and standards and for the dissemination of all technical information and data.
COFI also works closely with the BC Bioenergy Network. The Network was established in 2008 with a mandate to serve as a catalyst for deploying near term bioenergy technologies and to support mission driven research. The Network focus is on three value streams: forest sector, agricultural sector and municipal sector.
COFI was a founding member of the BC Forest Safety Council and has served o on the Board since inception. The Safety Council was created in 2004 as a not-for-profit society dedicated to promoting safety in the forest sector.
COFI staff are available to give presentations to schools, university classes, local governments and service clubs. Examples can be found at Resources/Downloads.