Insights and Resources
BC’s forest industry is a world leader in sustainable forestry and is one of the most significant economic drivers in the province. Learn more about how the industry is adapting, evolving and innovating by visiting the insights and resources below.
This week, almost 600 business, government, First Nations and community leaders have gathered in Vancouver for the B.C. Council of Forest Industries (COFI) annual convention, one of B.C.’s most important business gatherings, which comes at a critical time for our...Read more
Whoever first made the observation that an individual “couldn’t see the forest for the trees” was pointing to a common problem — particularly about forests themselves. While many, including myself, view trees as beautiful and crucial to our way of life, as a...Read more
Dan Ikenson, Contributer Donald Trump has called the North American Free Trade Agreement the "worst trade deal ever negotiated." If he were speaking on behalf of Canadian exporters or American consumers of softwood lumber, his point would have some validity. For more...Read more
- COFI Interior Renewal Submission
- FEA Report 2019
- COFI EngageBC Submission
- British Columbians and The Forestry Sector (Abacus Data)
- Caribou Factsheet
- COFI Submission to Canadian Wildlife Service – Jan 19, 2018
- COFI’s Letter to Minister McKenna and Minister Carr – Aug 15 , 2017
- Strong Past, Bright Future: A competitiveness agenda for BC’s forest sector (Aug 2016)
- Clean-Tech Innovation Strategy for the BC Forest Sector (Jan 2017)
Canada Wood Today
The Greenest Workforce
Stay current. Sign up for regular email updates from the team at COFI.
1220 - 595 Howe St.
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada V6C 2T5