(Vancouver, B.C.) – The BC Council of Forest Industries [COFI] is pleased to welcome Premier John Horgan as a keynote speaker at its 2018 Annual Convention, to be held in Prince George, B.C. on April 4-6, 2018. The Premier will address delegates at 9:00am on Friday, April 6th.
“We are very pleased that Premier John Horgan will be attending this year’s COFI convention,” said Susan Yurkovich, President & CEO of COFI. “The Premier is committed to a strong, vibrant and diverse forest industry, and understands the importance of forestry to B.C.’s economy and the families who depend on it in communities throughout our province. We look forward to hearing the Premier’s address to delegates this year in Prince George.”
More than 500 delegates will gather in the heart of the B.C. interior forest industry to discuss topics critical to the industry. Some of this year’s speakers include:
- A keynote address by Ambassador David MacNaughton. The Ambassador will provide insight into the ongoing trade relations between Canada and the US, and how this may affect the forest industry.
- Insight into British Columbians’ perception of forestry in B.C. from Bruce Anderson, Chair of Abacus Data.
- A B.C. Ministers Panel, including Hon. Doug Donaldson, Minister of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations & Rural Development, Hon. George Heyman, Minister of Environment & Climate Change Strategy, Hon. Bruce Ralston, Minister of Jobs, Trade & Technology.
- A presentation on why BC’s Digital Supercluster matters to the forest industry from Bill Tam, Co-Chair, Digital Technology Supercluster.
- A panel discussion with forest company CEOs.
- An update from Jock Finlayson, one of B.C.’s leading economists.
For more information about the full convention program, please visit https://www.cofi.org/convention/2018-convention/ for up-to-date program, speaker and registration information.